Drilling Engineering & Management
NauticAWT provides a diverse range of Drilling design, planning and execution services ranging from conceptual well designs and budgetary cost estimates through to management of entire drilling projects.
We have world class in-house capabilities to supplement our Clients’ existing resources or to act as an outsourced drilling and completions team, managing all aspects of engineering, procurement, planning and construction of any exploration, appraisal or development drilling campaign.
- Conceptual design, simulation and detailed engineering of vertical, deviated and horizontal drilling programs. Well designs focus on life of asset integrity from low risk onshore appraisal drilling to hazardous remote deep water exploration and production wells. NauticAWT also specializes in innovative low cost design concepts to target small or stranded reserves.
- NauticAWT has the ability to provide all required drilling design and technical support including casing design, development of cementing requirements and mud programs, specifying and managing all directional and survey work, formation evaluation and reservoir sample collection.
- NauticAWT designs ensure that all wells can be fully evaluated.
- NauticAWT can work within our Client’s established CPL procedures however if required NauticAWT’s independent tendering process draws on an extensive range and in-depth knowledge of recognised vendors to ensure our clients receive fit-for-purpose drill rig leases and associated third party services within budgetary parameters.
- Members of the NauticAWT team have developed strong working relationships with regulatory bodies and have assisted operators in obtaining government approvals for a number of major oil and gas projects throughout the world during the last decade.
On-Site Drilling Supervision
- NauticAWT’s experienced team provides well site drilling supervision with a recognised track record of good HSE management and on-time or early delivery.
- NauticAWT provides effective regional logistics support for both remote onshore and offshore projects. This includes domestic and international support for equipment freight and well site delivery covering land, jackup, semi-submersible and drillships. NauticAWT has also developed a detailed regional understanding of importation and customs regulations for both rudimentary and technically advanced production and drilling equipment.
- NauticAWT team has prepared numerous Cost Control Procedures (CCPs) to describe the processes and responsibilities in respect to project cost control activities against cost forecasts. Our CCPs are based around the Project Execution Plan which allows the costs to be broken down into manageable packages for control purposes, and will allow forecast updates and commitment control. NauticAWT Cost Control Procedures are also designed to effectively interface with the overall project cost control system.
- NauticAWT customises inspections to assist our Client in determining whether the proposed contractor procedures and equipment meet industry standards and conform to any applicable Statutory or Classification requirements. Our comprehensive equipment checklists assist to highlight any items which may require attention.
Quality Assurance / Quality Control
- NauticAWT understands that eliminating downtime and problems due to equipment failures is essential and provides QA / QC for all critical items on the load out list including but not limited to: surface and subsea wellhead equipment, liner hangers, DD tools and motors, LWD / MWD tools, wireline logging tools and casing hardware and float equipment.
Advanced Drilling Techniques
- Underbalanced Drilling, Coiled Tubing Drilling and Through Tubing Rotary Drilling are increasingly recognised for their flexibility in primary and sidetrack drilling and cost/time effectiveness as compared to conventional rig based programs.
- Where possible NauticAWT incorporates latest technology such as Casing Drilling and maximizes the advantages of dual activity rigs.